Sunday, September 13, 2009

Preserving David's "Blog About Town"

August 12, 2009
[Sent to a large email list of people who knew and loved David]

With a LOT of help from Jon Schuster, I was able to create a pdf containing all the text and most photos from David's "Blog About Town."

I realize this file is large, and I apologize if I've clogged up your inbox [file was attached]. This covers David's blog from its inception in December 2002 through the end of 2005. This is 220 pages, but David obviously devoted more attention to the blog beginning in 2006, because there are about 1800 pages covering 2006-2009.

I won't e-mail those pages to everyone. I'm hoping that somebody has an ftp site where I could make the remainder available for download. If not, I'll work something else out for those who'd like to have it.

Note that videos aren't included in the file, but you can usually find a link to the video within the pdf. It also doesn't contain the comments on posts, which often include some witty responses from David -- those also can be seen if you link to the website.

This serves as an archive for the basic content, but I hope someone can find a way to ensure that the entire blog is archived, if possible.

Rich Metter

No comments:

Post a Comment